Tuesday, March 11, 2014

New Year's Eve

I again had to work, but we had decided to go to Tony's restaurant Hearthstone Grill for dinner.  They were offering a priced fixed menu for a really reasonable price.  After I got home from work we got the kids dressed up and over there just in time for our reservation.  Tony had specified which table he wanted and as soon as we got there, he started working.  He cleared a table - that we didn't end up sitting at while I wrangled the kids in the vestibule.  At one point Tony's dad - who was there to eat dinner himself with T's mom and some friends of theirs came out to help me entertain. 




I took these pictures just before we left... they weren't really in the mood to sit and be photographed!

We finally got seated after about 30 minutes.  Tony left me with the kids in a booth and started making a pizza for them.  He brought me out something to drink and a few pretzel bites and I gave the kids their milks.  He came back with a pizza and sat down for a minute but then was off again to the kitchen.  He probably sat with me and the kids for about 8 minutes total out the of 3 hours we were there.  In all that time I ate a slice of pizza and some pretzel bites.  I had told T what I wanted from the menu, but I think they had run out of some things... so I really didn't get to eat my dinner.  Realizing my food was never going to arrive based on how busy the whole place was and the restless nature of 2 year olds, I decided to leave.  Tony decided to stay.  Yes that's right - he stayed to work.  I took the kids home, got them to bed and I spent the night by myself because my husband found it more important to work.  I sound like I'm annoyed, but I'm not.  I'd just like to have in my back pocket to hold over his head if I need it.  Yep, it's like that!

New Years Day was relatively uneventful with the exception of the girls being dressed in their Christmas dresses.  The sleeves did get dirty with food and I again got a 'lesson' from my MIL regarding the washing instructions on the dresses.  The instructions did say it was machine washable so I washed them with like colored clothing.  The dresses did not fare very well.  All of the white areas were now tinted pink.  I let T know to let his mom know and ask for further advice... I'll end letting you know the dresses were returned...hmmm... lesson learned - you can't always follow washing instructions!

No comments:

Post a Comment