Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day!

This past weekend we celebrated Memorial Day by having a little get together with some friends and family.  We planned to head down to the parade downtown.  This year marked the 130th parade and is the one of the oldest Memorial Day parades in New Jersey.  http://eb.gmnews.com/news/2013-05-23/Front_Page/Jamesburg_to_hold_130th_Memorial_Day_parade.html
Well, as with any holiday or anything event that has been planned out, there's always a hitch!  This time, not unlike the babies baptism, the dog decided that he wanted to be part of the festivities and ran out the front door and down the street.  As always, Tony took off down the road after him and I ran back in the house to grab the dog's leash and headed with the babies in tow buckled into the triple decker.  I wasn't able to keep up, but I could see the general direction from about three blocks back up until a certain point when I made the decision to head toward the parade route - thinking that the dog would head toward people.  I was wrong.  As I walked up and down the parade route, I saw everyone looking at the kids and the stroller, but I wasn't stopping to talk about them.  I asked everyone if they had seen a guy chasing a black dog on the loose, but of course no one had.  After a while I decided to head back home - hoping for the best and encountered a guy and his elderly father getting out of their car.  They made a comment on the kids and the stroller and I decided to say something about the missing dog and learned that this guy actually helped corner the dog so Tony could get a hold of him and were on their way back home.  Good news!  I continued home and met up with Tony one block from our house.

During the parade the kids were given a few little things - a few bracelets, lollipops and some festive pinwheels.  They had a good time and by the end, were waving back at the people who were marching in the parade.  We got home and then dug in to get ready for the party.  Luckily the kids napped and we were able to get everything ready in time.  What was really nice is for a fellow triplet mom and her family were able to come and I was finally able to meet her girls.  A great time was had by all!  I didn't take too many pictures of the afternoon, but she was able to get a great picture of the two sets of triplets. 
Little Tony with Theresa :)

Trying to get the picture...

Everyone in place - not quite looking though...


Perfect!  (left-right- Olivia, Aven, Bria, Stevie, Amelia &Tony)      


Tony with Amelia

Melanie with Aven



I had to end this with a little video that I took this past weekend.  Not necessarily on Memorial Day, but so cute I had to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment