Friday, June 7, 2013

Time keeps on slipping

The days and weeks just keep rolling on by and I keep thinking of things to write about, but never seem to have taken any pictures to support what's been going on.  I'll see if I can recap what's been going on... on Fernwood Lane.

I'll start off with me.  No too much is going on other than work, babies, clean, sleep, repeat.  Work has been very busy.  My hours shifted a little - instead of starting at 9am, I start at 9:30am.  I really thought that I'd start being on time with the new later hours, but the past few days, I've fallen into my bad habits and getting there late - like 10-15 minutes late.  So far no one has said anything to me, and I typically work a little later to make up for my tardiness, but I really need to make a better effort to get there on time.  I typically get home just before 7pm and it's right in time for dinner, bath, story, then bed time.  Since the weather is getting nicer (although you wouldn't know it based on all the rain that we're experiencing lately), I'd like to be able to get home and take the kids for a walk or at least spend a little time with them before dinner.
I worked another weekend last weekend - it's good money that I can't pass up so as much as I miss my babies, I gotta do, what I gotta do!  I missed Tony's brother's party because I was working, but Tony went with the babies and I'm told they had a great time.  I actually got out a bit early on Saturday - 4:30pm!  I actually had several hours to myself and nearly didn't know what to do with myself.  I ended up getting Chick-Fil-A, shopping for some Father's Day items, cleaning the house a little bit, finishing up a craft project that I started before the babies were born and watching some tv shows off the DVR.  It was nice, really nice.  I almost felt guilty, but would love to have more of that sort of time again.
The only other time that I really get to myself is my lunch hour.  Work is so busy lately that there really isn't even a moment to think about doing anything other than work, so when 1pm rolls around, I try and get a few things accomplished - other than just eating lunch.  On occasion, I'll run out, go to the bank, pick up a few things at the grocery store or walmart/target/lowes/etc. depending on what we need.  Other times I'll buy lunch at work and clip coupons - I even have others bring me coupons - Thanks Nina! or make phone calls or catch up on my emails or MoM club duties. 
Lately I feel like I'm always running (not literally) and always late for the next thing.  There's never enough hours in the day to get done what I want to.  I just hope I'm not letting too many people down - especially Tony and the babies!
Speaking of running - I haven't been working out lately, but should be.  I reached my highest weight minus a few pounds (right now) other than when I was pregnant and feeling really crappy about it.  I think that sometimes I give myself permission to eat poorly because I work so hard.  I know there's more to it than what I eat though... I keep reading that getting enough sleep is crucial to weight loss and that's something that just seems to elude me.  I plan on going to bed at a reasonable hour, but most nights it ends up being at least 1am, if not later.  My evenings usually consist of getting babies to bed, eating my own dinner, cleaning up dinner, watching some TV and then  finishing up any other cleaning that's been put off, then getting ready for bed myself and doing some reading.  I find the reading helps me fall asleep - it's no wonder it takes me forever to get through a book!
So back to the weight issue, I'm going to start marking my progress or lack of on here - maybe it'll make me more accountable and hence more successful.  My current weight is 248.  My lowest weight - as an adult was about 220 - which was at two different times - when I first moved to NJ back in 2004 and back in May of 2010 after a 'biggest loser' competition at RWJ  - where I won top female and won a bicycle that I later sold.  I think I weighed about 230 when I got pregnant and ended up getting all the way up to 290 within the last week or so of my pregnancy due to a ton of water weight gain.  After babies, the lowest I got was about 235 and the pounds have just been creeping back on over the past year or so.  So it's really time to do something about it. 

Here I go!  (more update blogs to come on the babies - no really I will!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! Great post and I'm glad you got a few hours of solo time this past weekend. I too have struggled with my weight so back in December I joined weight watchers - I got my eating under control and then about a month ago I started working out (jogging and then I joined a gym). I HATE it, but love the results (I've lost 20 lbs since December). I feel better about myself, have more energy and it gives me at least an hour to myself with no one pulling on my leg. Andy also joined the gym and has been taking the babies with him to the daycare there a few times a week. It gives him a little relief as well during the day - it also forces us to both be accountable to trying to keep healthy. Just remember, it's a lot harder to get into it than out of it - just start out with walking each day :-) I tell myself that with this many kids they won't get any money when we die, so at least we should be around longer ;-)

    ReplyDelete