Thursday, May 16, 2013

The scare at 4am!

Last night I went to bed pretty late - like 2am.  I finished my blog post, took the garbage out, loaded and ran the dishwasher and finally went to bed (after checking in on my loves).  When I went to get the garbage out of the babies room, I turned around and saw Amelia standing in her crib smiling at me from ear to ear.  Within a few seconds she got back down, rolled over and went back to sleep.

So I was in bed asleep for a few hours when I heard Olivia starting to cry and other noises coming from their room over the monitor.  We have a video monitor so I smacked Tony and asked him to give me the monitor.  I think I thought that either Amelia had climbed over into her crib and woke her up or she went into Amelia crib.  I was so not prepared for what I saw on that monitor.

Olivia was running around in the room crying and screaming.  I jumped up only to hear and see their room door close completely.  We normally leave it open a few inches and the only thing that would close it, would either be the wind, or one of them.  Indeed, my eyes had not failed me and Olivia had gotten out of her cirb - I'm guessing, she woke up, and likely tried to climb into Amelia's crib, but somehow missed and fell out onto the floor.  She was crying and screaming and shaking once I got to their door and opened it.  I held her for a few minutes and laid her back in her crib where she rolled over and fell asleep.

Unfortunately, during this ordeal, little T had woken up and was standing in his crib and as soon as he saw me put Olivia back down, he started crying!  Lately he's been very attached to me and cries when I'm leaving for work every day.  So I went over, picked him up and held him for a minute or so.  After I put him down again, I went back to sleep.

I don't have any pictures from today, but I'll add a video of Amelia talking on the phone.  It's so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment