Friday, May 11, 2012

Jury duty/baby duty

I was sitting in the Middlesex county courthouse earlier in the week due to a jury summons and realized I'd hadn't blogged in a really long time.  I really do mean to do this regularly, but don't seem to find the time as often as I'd like. Tony and I actually went on vacation last week without the babies to Mexico. We had four nights and five days without babies and I really missed them.  Every baby I saw I went over to and had to talk to the parents. I even got to hold one of them - Her name was Melissa.  I wasn't trying to baby snatch, I offered to hold the baby while the mom climbed out of the back of the van we were riding in.  We had a nice time - the weather was great, but it was great to come home and see my babes again too.  My in-laws had agreed to watch them while we were away and as soon as we walked in the front door, we heard all about who came over to help feed them, and how everyone behaved (for the most part) and how Amelia reached new octaves.  She has taken to screeching very loudly - when she's happy, mad, whenever really.  They had visitors every day including Tony's aunt and uncle.  Overall, everything went well and the really good news is that they didn't have to use the medical release we had written up!  Just before going away grandma and papa (far away) also came for a visit. They got to see how big everyone has gotten and their new tricks. We now have the baby gate/pen set up and both Amelia and Olivia can crawl all around and can even pull themselves up from a sitting position to standing. They can also pull themselves up in their cribs or just about anything that's stationary for any length of time. They even try to crawl up on me and Tony!  It's really fun to watch them and even more so when you're inside baby jail with them and they come crawling to you and start crawling all over you.  Tony is just about crawling but mainly gets places by rolling himself to where he wants to get. He often gets crawled over by his sisters because they don't care if he's in the way...he's just something else to crawl over. Olivia definitely seems like she's the boss. She thinks nothing of crawling over to her brother or sister and taking the pacifier out of their mouth and popping it into her own, or taking a toy away from them.  She now has four teeth and three more on their way in.  She babbles all the time and we swear she says Dada and Mama and maybe even baba.  She dances (sorta) too!  When any of her toys plays music, she rocks side to side.  I can't help but chuckle cause it's so darn cute.
I actually didn't get called to be on any jury - too bad, I was actually looking forward to another 'vacation' from work, but oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment