Sunday, May 20, 2012

For Sale!!

Yesterday was the town-wide garage sale and earlier in the week I decided that I could get a few things together to sell, including some baby items.  It was sad to think about selling some of the things each of them spent time in/on/etc.  I ended up staying up way too late last night and I'm not sure why, but then I also ended up waking up early and decided to try and at least get a few more things together and outside.  Tony got up shortly after me and helped me set up some tables outside.  We took a break from that to feed babies and then got right back to it.  We even had the babies outside with us in their 'go pods'. Well the selling day started off slow, remained slow and ended slow.  I made a total of $2.25 for the day.  Actually, in the end, I only made a quarter because I spent $2.00 on garage sale stickers.  So even though the sale was a bust, I heard a few funny comments like one woman looked at all the swings I had out for sale.  Here's how it played out...
Garage sale lady:  How many babies do you have, 5?
Me:  No, just three.  You actually just missed them I had them outside earlier, but they just went down for their nap.
Garage sale lady:  Oh,, What are their ages?
Me:  Nine months
Garage sale lady:  and?
Me:  Nine months, all of them are.
Garage sale lady:  Triplets???  Wow...
yadda yadda yadda...

It was the babies first encounter with grass (that I know of.)  Little Tony was using his bouncer normally he love bouncing constantly, but he was sitting in it and I noticed that his feet were tucked up so they wouldn't touch the ground/grass.  It was so cute and later on I noticed that Olivia was a little wary about standing on the grass, but she got over her initial fear and then was crawling all over, as usual. 
It was a beautiful day and the babies spent alot of time outside and seemed to enjoy the wind blowing through their hair.  Here are a few pics from the day!



No comments:

Post a Comment