Saturday, April 21, 2012

A mile high

Last weekend we purchased a new mattress.  We originally went to Sleepy's and ended up at Bob's.  We were basically camped out on one of their mattresses for at least a few hours.  Well we had to take them to the restroom to change diapers (unlike what we did at the Sleep Number store!) and feed them in the cafe, but we had all three babies on the Bob-O-Pedic testing it out and taking pictures and of course becoming a spectacle that everyone had to come over and see.  Our sales guy, Jason, actually took some pictures of the babies and was going to forward them onto corporate - to BOB himself - to see if he'd be interested in the trio for some advertising.  Who knows, likely nothing will come of it, but maybe it will.  Well, the mattress was delivered a few days later and this thing is HUGE.  I feel like I'm sleeping a mile from the floor.  Tony and I both have to climb a little to get into bed.  I have to say, it's nice, but I'm not completely sold on it yet - so no review to share as of yet.  The worst part is now that the babies are all mobile, we have to be really careful because they have alot farther way to fall now.  I almost don't trust myself to have all of them on the bed with me at the same time because they're quick.

Another change in the house is that we lowered everyone's crib.  It's a bit more difficult to lift them out now, but I feel better that they can't climb out and fall to the floor.  Amelia was seen today pulling herself from a sitting position to a standing position using the play yard fence.  Of course Tony was there, my mom was there and my dad was there to witness this, but alas, I was not.  They all assured me that she indeed did this on her own without help, but I was more sad that I had missed it.  We tried to get her to do it again, but it seems she expelled all her energy doing it the first time.  Anyways, back to their cribs being lowered - I'm sure they notice the difference of the increased depth these past few days and it's probably the same way that I feel about sleeping so close to the ceiling!  It must seem like their mobiles are a mile away!

Another quick update on Amelia - I think I may have posted that ever since she's been sick, she's been eating really well.  Unfortunately, that's over.  It's very sad that we're back to prying her mouth open to drink her bottle and having her kick and scream as we do it.

I'll have to pull the pictures from Tony's phone from Bob's and throw them on here when I get a chance.  But for now, I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment