Saturday, March 10, 2012

What a way to start the day!

It's been a while since my last post, but I've been choosing sleep over blogging.  The fact that my laptop is in the basement and I don't get down there that often doesn't help, plus it's another set of stairs I'd need to climb at the end of the night and sometimes I just don't have it in me.  There's so much that I'm going to try and remember over the past week - I hope I do before I'm supposed to change the clocks back.


Last weekend, we packed everyone up to go to my MoM's club sale.  We didn't really need anything, but felt I should go to show some support and hopefully see my fellow triplet mom - Kelly.  We ended up buying another exersaucer and a few other toys.  (We now have three saucers and another bouncer - I swear I live in a day care....)  The trip overall was uneventful - which is good.  Tony went to work and I stayed home with the babies.  During my time with them, I made some new discoveries.  The first one is that both ladies can sit up on their own - for at a few minutes at a time.  They're still a bit wobbly, but it's exciting!  Little T still falls right over if you sit him up, but I'm sure he won't be too far behind.  Another discovery is that Olivia has two teeth already!  Her two bottom teeth have popped through and without any major pain, but boy are they sharp!  The rest of the weekend was also pretty uneventful, or at least I can't remember anything out of the ordinary. 
The work week went by pretty slowly.  I'm basically independent with my new job, but still have to ask others for assistance quite a bit.  Everyone keeps telling me that I'm doing well, but it seemed like last week, I couldn't get anything right.  I even almost flushed my cell phone down the toilet toward the beginning of the week.  No, I didn't do it on purpose - it was an accident.  (It fell out of my pocket.)  It has since dried out and working normally thanks to a co-worker's suggestion of putting it in a bag of rice. 
Our normal routine in the morning is that I get up around 6:30am, take a shower and then start changing diapers.  Everyone is usually awake by 6:45am and ready to eat around 7am.  Now I'm sure that seeing one smiling baby as you enter the room would be really sweet/cute/etc., but seeing three smiling faces looking at you, there's no greater feeling and that's now my 'happy place'  If I'm having a crap-tastic day, all I need to think about is those sweet smiling faces as I enter their room.  It's the best way to start the day!

One final story -because I want to remember this.  This morning we had all three babies on the bed after their feeding.  Olivia was facing little T and as he always does, he smiles at his sisters and babbles at them.  Olivia, being our cautious baby, isn't always so quick to smile back.  Well this morning, she basically snubbed him and looked at him and turned away.  I felt so bad for him because he never really seems to get any 'response' back from his sisters when he tries to engage them.  Maybe then they're older, they'll want to talk to each other.  Included are a few pictures from last weekend... included one of the diapers on the clothes line.  This isn't even all of the dipes we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment