Monday, February 20, 2012

We make a great team!

This past weekend, Tony & I were very adventurous and went out twice on Sunday.  Both outings were a bust, but successful as a 'family' outing.  The first was a walk downtown to the appliance store.  We're in the market for a fridge for the garage.  Tony is planning on making his own baby food and we need some place to store it.  The store ended up not even being open and since I Tony pushed the stroller down the hill, I got the pleasure of pushing it up the hill back home.  Let me tell you, it's a work out!  We got home, fed the babies and turned around and went back out.  This time was to the mall.  We're also in the market for a new mattress.  We had dreams of getting a sleep number bed and they were having a decent sale but Tony had to try them out.  The store was a mad-house.  There were people lying on EVERY single bed in the place and standing all around with ONE sales person.  By the end we had all three babies on one of the beds and even changed their diapers on the i8 model.  It's the most expensive thing their butts have been on!  In the end we had to leave before even talking to the sales person.  A funny thing happened while we were there - the sales person - who remembered me from when I stopped there a few weeks ago, had her arms outstretched toward Amelia who was sitting on the bed.  Well, my little skeptical baby smiled back at the lady, but made  no motion to reach out to her.  I'm glad :)  I don't want my babies just reaching out to anyone!  Well here's where the story gets really good.  We're exiting the mall and notice that a Mercedes SUV is completely blocking the exit - so much that there was about one foot from their bumper to the edge of the ramp.  We were able to get out, but not without some special maneuvering.  Neither Tony, nor I can keep out mouths shut about things like this, so as we walked past, we were sure to thank them for being so considerate (oh yeah, and we're both very sarcastic!)  We kept moving and as we passed the opposite side of their car, the woman says "mind your own business".  Well Tony didn't hear her say it, so I told him what she said and well, let's just say he was NOT happy with her comment.  He went over there and engaged in a loud yelling match this woman who told him that she didn't like his attitude, to which he responded, "I got your attitude RIGHT HERE!!!"  A few more expletives were yelled and as he got back to the car, he says to me... " well that could have gotten ugly" as I see SUV drive away.  The whole ride home, we talked about the incident and we both agreed we were right.  What a great team we make.  Actually, we do and that's what makes this whole thing work.
On a side note, I thought I took a picture of all the diapers on the clothesline - what a sight to see! but I guess the card wasn't in the camera so I didn't get it.  I'm sure they'll be out there again some day, but it would have been a cute picture to post.  Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment