Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

I haven't updated in a while, so I thought I'd jot down a few things that are 'going on' on Fernwood.  The babies have all been sleeping through the night.  We typically feed them around 7pm and they sleep until 5 or 6am.  We just started them on some rice cereal in their bottles.  They had a little yesterday and a little more today and so far so good!  Everyone is eating 6 ounces including Amelia (previously known as our 'pokey' baby.
This morning Amelia and Olivia were the first to wake up and after they were done eating they spent some time "talking" to each other.  This is my favorite thing about having more than one baby - so far, at least - watching them interact with each other.  Sometimes they catch a glimpse of each other and smile and other times, they look at one another with a puzzled look on their face.  Something else I love is the fact that when I come home or come in the room, I get smiles from everyone.  It's very satisfying that they recognize me and are happy to see me.  Yesterday morning, Olivia and little Tony both had the hiccups.  It was really funny.
Little Tony had a red bumpy rash behind his ears and on his forehead toward the end of last week.  He went to the pediatrician and they basically said it's probably just a dermatitis.  So we're making sure to clean it and using hydrocortisone cream.  It seems to be clearing up.  I'm not sure if I updated, but T ended up bringing the babies into work last week and I found that he had some fluid in the right ear, but the pediatrician dismissed my expertise and said that she didn't see any and my test likely wasn't valid because he has a curvy ear canal.  What?  Anyways, don't get me started about that.  I'll see if I can test him again soon to make sure it's not lingering.
Amelia is rolling over like a champ (from her back to her belly).  She can even get her arm out from underneath her, but then she's on her face and eventually gets annoyed because she can't get back over.  She's definitely going to be 'daddy's little girl'  She loves her daddy and loves being in the same room with him.  Today she liked sitting in her bumbo on top of the table.  She likes to be entertained too laying on the floor/on one of their many excercise mats.
Olivia is also rolling over, and like her sister, gets herself stuck.  She's a happy baby and slept most of today and is still the best eater.  She's also the most talkative of the bunch and is so cute to watch when she sees her brother and sister.

Otherwise, the new year, brings a new job.  I start tomorrow and really looking forward to it but a little nervous too.  I better get a good night's sleep so I can pay attention tomorrow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment