Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry F'ing Christmas!

Today is Christmas day and although a very nice day (weather wise and gift receiving wise), it has been one hell of an annoying baby day!  They all slept in until about 6am.  We fed everyone, changed diapers and put them back to bed, where they stayed until about 8:30am.  We got them ready in their santa suits and headed over to T's parents house.  All was fine at first, but then quickly turned into the day from hell.  There was ALWAYS one of them fussing and it felt like the day would never end.  (It's actually not even over.)  Even after getting them home, Amelia could just not be consoled - we ended up feeding her a little more, but even that was a chore and in the middle of all that, little T started to act up.  We then had both of the screaming.  They both then fell asleep - Tony took Amelia up to her crib and I took little T up a few minutes later, but only Amelia stayed sleeping.  Little T started screaming again and I was able to get him sleeping on his belly a few minutes later.  About an hour later, he woke up again and in turn woke Amelia up again.  They're both out again currently, but little T is sleeping in the rock n play because he just wouldn't lay in his crib without screaming.  It's just like we brought him home from the hospital when every night we'd have to bring him into our room to sleep.  Hopefully this is just a hiccup because of all the commotion of the day and different surroundings.
I have something weighing heavily on me tonight.  Since I'm leaving my clinical job at the end of the year, I thought I'd bring home some screening equipment from work so I can test my babies hearing.  Olivia passed her OAE testing with flying colors in each ear from 1500 - 10,000 Hz.  I was only able to test one of Amelia's ears because she was too awake at the time and right now I can't even remember which ear I tested, but she passed (in the one ear).  I'll likely test her again tomorrow.  I tested little T as well and got him to pass in the left ear, but not in the right.  Based on this, I assumed maybe he had some middle ear fluid and planned on testing him again tomorrow before I take the equipment back to work.  Well I had my little man sleeping in my lap earlier (after one of his screaming episodes) so I decided to run the OAEs again.  Left ear - passed all frequencies again - and right 'referred' again for all frequencies except 3000 - 4000 Hz.  Now I'm starting worry a bit more that it's more than just MEE.  All I can think of now is what would I do if he ends up having a permanent hearing loss.  Would I aid that ear if his other ear is normal? Could it still be just fluid?  How easy/difficult would it be to keep a hearing aid on a 4 month old?  I'd love to think that everything is just fine, but realize there very well could be a problem.  What makes me think that God would bless me with three healthy babies with no problems.  I don't know if I've done enough good in my life to have been blessed that much.
Something that I've learned or rather realized in the past few days is what real LOVE is.  I remember having a conversation with some friends about their husbands to be.  I think we were all engaged at the time or at least two of us were.  Both of them said that they loved their partner so much that they would do anything for them - even die for them.  I didn't really answer at the time, but thought about what they said and recalled that I had never felt that way about anyone.  That's not to say that I don't love my mom and day or sisters or even my husband, but I know at the time I didn't feel that way about anyone and haven't until I had kids.  I realize now that I would do ANYTHING to keep my babies safe - even kill or be killed.  Wow!  that sounds so extreme, but it's the truth.  So even after the day from hell, I would still do anything for my kids. 
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!  (the night is basically over w/o any other issues :))
Here's some pictures taken in the morning before all Hell broke loose!




No comments:

Post a Comment