Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Five more days!

It's eight days until Christmas and I don't feel ready or 'in the spirit' at all this year.  It feels the same as when I was in college and I had finals up until a few days before and I couldn't really afford to get anyone anything good.  Now I'm working every day - come home to jump right into mommy duty and the weekends are the same (other than going into work).  I've had a few appointments over the past few weeks because of my PITA.  I feel bad not being there to help out, but justify it to myself that if I'm not at my best, how can I be there for them.

Baby update!  Amelia, as of her 4 month pediatrician appt weighed in at 11 lbs, 9 1/2 oz.  She's been eating like a champ ever since we got the new medium flow nipples - maybe she was just sucking so hard before that she tired herself out with the slow flow ones!  She's still not able to eat as fast as her brother and sister, but she's always done within 20 minutes.  She's consistently eating 5 oz. and at night she's been eating 6oz.  She'll sleep from around 9pm to about 5:30 - 6am.  We've noticed that she doesn't like to eat if she has a wet diaper, she'll just put her hands out on yours and push them away from her.  She's typically a very happy baby and will give you the cutest little smile if you smile at her.  She gets a little cranky at bed time - when you put her down on the changing table and put some lotion on her, she starts to get pouty and starts to cry.  I think she doesn't want to go to bed, but she'll fall asleep in her crib within a few minutes.  Amelia was the first baby to roll over from her back to her belly.  The actual roll was not observed, but was found on her belly after being put down on her back over at T's parents house after a big day out to the farmer's market in Hamilton this past Friday.

Little Tony weighed 13 lbs 10 oz. as of December 9th.  You can tell he's he's the heaviest and has the best neck control of the three of them.  He's also a pretty happy baby, but lets you know when he wants his diaper changed or when he's hungry.  He's been eating 5 oz consistently during the day every 3.5 - 4 hours, and 6oz at night.  We're considering bumping him and Olivia to 6 oz because they seem to get hungry within 3 hours instead of 4!  I can't believe how big he's getting.  I had him laying on the bed the other day and measured him up against my leg and he's as long from my foot to above my knee.  He hasn't rolled over just yet, but he can definitely roll onto his side from his back and he no longer likes to lay on his belly like he did just a few short months ago.  That was his 'go-to' position if you couldn't settle him down, but I find it doesn't work anymore.  I came home from work the other day and he was 'talking' up a storm - so cute - and I absolutely LOVE to watch his facial expressions when he sees one of his sisters.  I really have to get a video of it because it's so cute to watch.  He's been sleeping pretty well too, but the past few nights he wakes up in the middle of the night either cause he's hungry or wet, but last night he slept the whole night so hopefully we're back on track.

Olivia is also a great eater and also sleeping through the night.  She's no longer the first one to wake up every time like she used to be.  As of her last ped. appt she weighed 12lbs, 13 oz.  Again, I know I sound like a broken record, but I can't believe how big she's gotten - from her tiny little 4lb 5 oz beginning to almost 13 lbs in 4 short months!  She also loves to 'talk'.  She can get quite loud and excited with her babbling and she also gets the greatest facial expressions when she's sees her brother or sister.  She's not quite sure what to make of them sometimes, but also smiles at them.  She's a pretty happy baby, but she has her days!  She's likely just a few more days away from being able to roll over from her back to her belly.  She gets so close sometimes, but not quite - even though she was credited with her first belly to back roll a few days ago. 

Overall, everyone is doing really well and I can't complain for the most part - they're all good babies - it just seems like they all get a little ornery around 4-5pm (when I get home) - even on the weekends I noticed it around that time so it's NOT just me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment