Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's like a day care!

I was just looking around the house and noticing all of the 'stuff' we have for the babies.  We have two large swings and two small ones, two space-saver high chairs, two rock n plays, one r/her rocker/vibrating chair, three car seats, one pack n play with a 'jungle' in it, and two other activity mats.  All of this in our living room!!!  This doesn't even include the rest of the adult furniture or fact that the Christmas tree is up.  I guess we like giving each baby their choice in what to sit/lay them in, but it's getting a bit crowded.
We had a pretty good day.  The babies have been sleeping from 8:30pm to about 7am for the past few nights, but I of course am used to them waking at 4am to eat, so I naturally wake up then and check the clock every 1/2 hour until they do wake up.  I went to get bagels - I told T that I would get bagels weeks ago, but never did, until today!  So we had breakfast, T went for a hair cut and then cleared the back yard of leaves.  I got some things dose in the house, including finally filling out the Similac multiples formula offer.  I actually did fill out one a while ago, but I guess it was an old form.  I also got to fill out a little more in the baby books that T has been hounding me to do.  I had to look through my camera and my first sonograms to find out some of the info - like when did I first learn I was pregnant.  Interestingly enough, it was January 1st that I took a home pregnancy test that came out positive.  T and I had been in Las Vegas between Christmas and New Years and I had underwent my IUI toward the beginning of December and I remember choosing NOT to drink during the whole trip just in case this month was the month it would happen.  During the trip, my breasts were tender and I was more tired than usual which I knew could be signs, but I had mis-read other things in previous months so I didn't want to get my hopes up.  But sure enough, I WAS indeed pregnant - and with triplets - I could never have imagined my life now back then!  I then had to wait another few days/weeks to go back for my blood test - until I had missed my period by a few days.  I had a blood test that confirmed everything and then went in for a sonogram.  T went with me for the first one and they discovered three sacs!  I don't really remember much of my thoughts at the time, but I remember looking over at T and he had a huge grin on his face - sort of shock, but mostly pure joy!  It was too early to hear heart beats, and I recall them saying that sometimes one doesn't make it but that I'd be coming in again the following week for another US.  Well, long story short, all of them 'made' it - and we wouldn't change a thing!
One final thought  - related to the title of this post - I'm feeling like my job and some of the people I work with - (ok really just one in particular )is acting like a big baby.  I'd just like to thank you for letting me know that you're going my book over my paperwork time or reschedule patients in 1/2 the time that is alloted for the test or that my patient was rescheduled at all.  I'm totally being sarcastic here.  I know I'm leaving the job, but I thought you could at least treat me with respect during my last few weeks.  I don't want to leave angry, but these things are really trying my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment