Sunday, November 20, 2011

weight gain

I want to jot down some things about each baby and what they're doing these days - basically so I don't forget.

Amelia - She's been smiling now for a few weeks and is so cute to interact with.  She still feels like the lightest of the three and today I'm learning why... she hardly eats.  She has always been our slowest eater and were thinking the smartest because she's figured out that the longer she takes to eat, the longer she gets held!  We're lucky she eats 3 1/2 - 4 oz whereas the other two consistently eat all 5 oz. they're given and could probably eat more!  She threw up on me again today, so I'm not even sure how much she ate.  She's been getting better with her neck control, but still feels like the 'softest' baby and what I really mean is she feels 'floppy'.  She's actually still wearing disposable diapers - waiting for the rash to clear up :(  oh and her cry still gets me every time - it just sounds so sad that  start crying myself!

Anthony - He too, has been smiling alot and I can tell his vision is getting better and better.  He really likes spending time in the pack n play under the jungle arches.  He looks all around at the lights and different dangly things and I think he likes the music too.  He does the same thing in his crib - he loves watching the animals on the mobile above him.  We have to crank that thing a few times before he falls asleep.  But he's soooo cute to watch.  Eating wise, this boy can chow down - he'd down the whole bottle in 5 minutes if you let him!  He doesn't seem to get too much gas like he did when he was younger - like at one month - so that's a big improvement.  I remember having to give him the gas drops pretty often.  He has no problems with the cloth diapers and is adorable - especially the cow print one (see previous post for pics).  I'm not sure of his weight at this time, but he's definitely putting on the lbs!

Olivia - She is getting pretty big too.  She's a pretty good eater but lately she'll eat most of her bottle and then will refuse to eat anymore unless you fight to keep the nipple in her mouth.  Her vision and attention is really good.  She loves to stare at her mobile, but will also look at pictures in books and watch the turtles swaying above her while she's in the swing. She is such a happy baby most of the time and will smile at you if you smile at her, even if she's just been crying!  She too does well with the cloth diapers.


That's all for now - need to get some sleep - work tomorrow, then round two.  I'd like to finish this off with a prayer for my fellow triplet MoM - Kelly and her tiny baby girls.  I hope they are doing well and continue to get better every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment