Saturday, November 19, 2011

He knows his babies!

So today is Saturday and I actually got to sleep in and the babies slept from 9:30 to about 5am!  At the 10am feeding, I had Amelia and she didn't really want to eat - I had just woken her up because both her brother and sister were ready to eat.  T mentioned that she doesn't like to eat while in a wet diaper so I changed her and sure enough - right after - she started eating!  I'm glad he's learning each babies' quirks, but at the same time, it makes me sad that I don't know these things.  While eating breakfast, I noticed that BRU was having a sale on formula.  It's pretty sad that I get excited about a good price on Similac.  So, after breakfast, T & I packed up the babies and headed over.  We of course got all the looks and OMG responses from people.  Tony actually answered more questions than I did - guess I wasn't in the mood to answer stranger's questions about my babies.  I feel like just posting a sign on my front (and back) that have all the current stats on the babies - two girls, one boy, 3 1/2 months old, and yes they are 'natural' not cyborgs from another planet, but no, this was not a 'spontaneous' triplet pregnancy.  One the way back to the car, another minivan pulled up and told us that they have triplets too, 7 months old - two boys and a girl.  The most memorable thing they said was "don't let anyone tell you that it gets easier"  .... great!  I guess I had to know that, each stage will have their own set of challenges. 
After BRU, we went over the PILs house - help with feeding and visit with T's cousin Shelly and new husband Mark (I think).  Another baby gift :) diapers, bibs, sleepers, etc.  All will come in handy!

Just one quick note about Friday @ work.  I ended up talking to the parents of the triplet boys that are currently in the NICU.  They didn't seem to know anything about requesting coupons or getting free things from diaper companies, etc.  I ended up talking to them for about 20 mins trying to share some knowledge and they ended up writing alot of things down to investigate later.  They hadn't even heard of cloth diapering!  Speaking of cloth diapers - we actually started cloth diapering about 2 weeks ago and so far it's going well with all the babies with the exception of Amelia - she seems to be more susceptible to getting a rash if left in a wet diaper for too long (like overnight).  Overall cloth isn't too bad, it's more laundry, but T has been mostly doing it during the day while I'm at work.  Hopefully in the long run, this will be the more economical choice.  Other than that they're really super cute.  Here's a few pics of each of them wearing either 'flips' or 'best bottoms'.  They're clothes end up being a bit bulkier on the down side. 















No comments:

Post a Comment