Thursday, November 17, 2011

How to start this...

So I decided to start a blog of my experiences as a working MoM of triplets mainly so I can remember what happened and when.  I've been back to work for three weeks now and people I haven't seen in a while ask me how the babies are and ask random questions like "how was your first night at home?" and I honestly cannot even remember that night!
My trio is currently 14 weeks and 4 days old and it's been pretty much a blur since their arrival.
I think what I'll start doing is every day put a few memories of what I can recall about the past almost 15 weeks until I catch up.  I'll also add in any interesting/funny things that happened during the day at work or with the babies.
My first memory I'll share is the first car ride home - I was so nervous - every bump or pothole in the road I thought was going to make them cry.  I couldn't see them - even with those mirrors that hang on the back seat - so I made Tony stop a few times so I could check on them.  They were so tiny!  I couldn't believe they let me take them home - what the hell did I know about babies?!?!?!  Just because I carried them in my belly for (close to) 8 months, didn't mean that I could be a good mother.  I could barely walk because of my incision.  That's a story for another day!
Work was fine - pretty much like any other day, but I got 'reminded' in a meeting that we (or rather I) should not be going on facebook during the work day.  BOO!  Oh well, I know better, but who likes being told "no"?  By the end of the day I had lost all patience for pretty much anything and just wanted to get out of there - like everyone else that leaves 15 early despite being behind on their paperwork/reports.  One very nice thing about work today was that I was delivered a gift from a patient - Three hand-knitted blankets - one for each baby.  I'm going to attempt to attach a picture of them once I figure out how.  Thanks Arlene, we love them and thank you for thinking of me and the babies.

Once I got home I was immediately put to work feeding our 'pokey' baby - Amelia.  She eventually finished her bottle and I got caught up about the day with Tony and his Dad - who was also here feeding Olivia.  The rest of the night went pretty fast - we watched some TV - or rather the TV was on, but I only saw parts of some shows because I was putting babies to bed.  It's all quiet in the house now with the exception of the fish tank hum.  Once I retire to my bed, I'll be soothed to the sound of my babies' sleep sheep - set to the ocean sounds... ahhhhhh.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
One more thing - I've started to notice that I don't have any pictures of me with my babies so I made Tony take one.  Me and Little T.

No comments:

Post a Comment