Wednesday, November 23, 2011

things I miss...and things I don't

So I worked today and likely diagnosed a 4 month old with at least a severe hearing loss in one ear.  Looking at that baby, I couldn't help but see my own little man and feel terrible that I would have to break the bad news to his parents, who up until this point probably looked at him thinking what a perfect little miracle.  So I know how I would feel if told this type of information.  These are things I DO NOT MISS about being back at work.

And here's what I missed today - my babies first photo shoot.  T & his parents took everyone to JCPenney's to have their Christmas pictures done.  I've already seen the pictures and they are adorable, but I hate the fact that I wasn't able to be there.  We could have made the appointment on the weekend of in the evening, but with three infants, they suggested that we come at an 'off peak' time.  I can't wait to get the cards and send them out!  I'm planning on sending one to everyone I know :)  well, not everyone, because we only ordered 48 of them.

I didn't post anything yesterday because I was just to tired, but I wanted to share a memory and something that I learned yesterday from a fellow MoM.  On August 23, 2011, my babies and I experienced our first earthquake!  I was down in the basement sitting in the rocker/recliner (where I had spent so much time during my pregnancy) and the babies were sleeping peacefully in the pack n play when all of a sudden I felt my chair rocking.  I thought at first it was Buddy pushing up against the back of the chair trying to get comfy.  I looked over and saw that the dog wasn't anywhere near the back of the chair.  Then I noticed the water in the fish tank sloshing and the television swaying.  Needless to say, I freaked out a little bit.  I yelled upstairs for Tony to see if he had felt anything upstairs.  He thought that a large truck had just driven down the road and didn't believe me that we had had an  earthquake until he saw the water in the tank sloshing.  My one concern with this whole situation is 'how would I possibly get three infants up (or even down) stairs if necessary'???  At the time they were only 2 weeks old and still pretty tiny, but I hadn't ever held two at the same time, let alone three!  So this brings me to yesterday and my conversation with another MoM who told me HOW you couldn't actually multiple babies out of the house at once in an emergency.  You basically throw them all in a bed sheet and carry them in the bed sheet sack.  They wouldn't be comfortable, but in a pinch you'd be able to get everyone to safety.  It's amazing all the things you have to think about when having multiples that wouldn't even be a consideration with one baby at a time.  I'm sure someday I'll have enough to write a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment