Wednesday, July 2, 2014

OMG!

It was bound to happen at some point.  I'd seen pictures posted of other people's kids getting into things like sugar and flour and 'decorate' the room with it.  We're usually very careful about locking things up and closing up containers but obviously not careful enough.  I put them upstairs in their room for their nap.  I even had a little talk with the usual non-nappers (Miss O and Mr. T) about not being able to go in the pool if I had to come up to their room if they got out of bed. 
After about 10 minutes, I heard some movement from their room, but didn't go up right away.  After another 5-10 minutes I decided to go up and see who was out of bed and remind them of our talk about going in the pool.  Well I was NOT prepared for what I was about to see...

I opened the door and just said Oh My God! and then I was speechless...
Is it bad that the first thing I wanted to do was get my camera to capture this moment? 
Olivia feeling bad about mess

Tony - the one who created the mess (or at least that's what Olivia told me). Please note how clean his bed is.

Powder was everywhere!

   
Amelia - who slept through it all!

There is still powder in the room - I haven't been able to clean it all up.  Every day since the great powder explosion, I clean up a little more.  I think it's still in the air and still settling down but I'm sure I'll eventually get it all!  We no longer keep the powder out in the open and I had a talk to Olivia about telling mommy when Tony is being naughty.  Let's hope next time - as I'm sure there will be a next time - she will!

No comments:

Post a Comment