Sunday, June 29, 2014

Our day at Jenkinson's

Tony started working less on the weekends and last Sunday he had the day off so we decided to have a family day.  What to do, what to do???  We eventually decided to drive to Point Pleasant and go to the aquarium and the amusement park there.  We got a late start as usual and ended up driving around for at least 30 after we arrived just trying to find a parking spot.  It was crazy.  We eventually found a parking lot that was letting people in but it was $40 to park.  I normally would have backed the car right up but there really was nothing else unless it was like 2 miles away.  We realized shortly after we got to the boardwalk, that in our haste to get out of the car, we forgot the diaper bag with all our normal necessities.  So at one point Tony went back to retrieve it and I was left with three nearly three year olds running around!  They actually surprised the crap out of me.  I was thinking that they would be all over the place, but they stayed with me and listened.  I think it was because there were so many people around and so many new things to look at, they were a bit overwhelmed.  Either way I was appreciative.  I saw more than one person with their child strapped to one of those backpack leashes and I felt awesome that I was able to keep all mine wrangled while someone else leashed their one.


The first ride we went on was the carousel.  I had a plan to have them sit on the row of horses right in front of the bench seats just in case one (or more) got scared and wanted to get off.  I was so happy that I didn't need that back up plan because they each loved it!  Afterward, we decided to see if they'd like to ride on their own.  I was a little nervous as I recalled watching my nieces and nephew go to ride similar rides and being scared and crying.  They again happily surprised me and did great and loved it.












We went on a few more rides, played a few games inside the arcade and then decided to walk over to the aquarium. 





The aquarium is small, but had enough to see including sharks, snakes, frogs, seahorses along with penguins and seals.  They even had a 'touch' area where they have starfish and other sea creatures for the kids to touch and feel.  They were a bit small for this and I got yelled at for taking the starfish all the way out of the water.  I swear there were no signs and I was given no instructions.  Whatever! 





Olivia wouldn't stay in the hole long enough...
The kids were getting very cranky (way past nap time) and hungry and little Tony found it very funny to run away from us so we got out of there and were on a quest for something to eat.  Luckily we found seating that allowed the strollers so we camped out and ate over priced pizza and hot dogs. 



Before heading back to the car, we used up a few more ride tickets and rode the carousel a few more times.  We were only there for a few hours, but it felt like a very long day and I was positive that they would fall asleep within a few minutes of riding home.  Of course, I was wrong!  Two out of three fell asleep - Amelia held out and I don't recall why, she got bent out of shape about something and was crying and woke up the other two.  After some time, everything calmed back down and for the rest of the ride... it was quiet enough for even daddy to fall asleep!
My favorite picture of the day was this one...





No comments:

Post a Comment