Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm not sure I'm ready for this


As usual, I'm a bit behind in updating on what's been going on, but I'll start with last week when I came home from work to find my babies running around in bathing suits.  T's mom had of course gone shopping for swimwear despite me telling her that we already had some (hand-me-down) suits for the girls.  She wasn't there when I got home, but his dad was and I honestly could not believe what I was seeing.
I'm going to go with "a picture is worth a thousand words" here... so instead of describing it, I'll just post the pictures.
Ok, really cute little man!

Amelia looking cute in her lady bug coverup!
Cute little suit...

not too bad, but showing her sides - nearly a bikini!

View from the back - basically a bikini!

Olivia - in a bikini and pulling off the top!

Too much skin for my liking!

I expressed my concerns with Tony regarding Olivia's bikini and I think he concurs.  He did say something like "Carter's didn't have any more one-piece suits".  The suits aren't even from Carter's - as far as I can tell, she either got them at Sears or on Zulily.  I'm sure some other people may not have an issue with their toddler in a bikini, but I do.  There's no need for a little not-even-two year old girl to be showing that much skin.  I don't plan on putting her back in that suit.  There's plenty of time in the future - way down the road for them to wear a bikini, but not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment