Thursday, November 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Thomas!

A few weekends ago, we attended T's brother's kid's birthday.  Thomas turned two at the beginning of the month.  The party initially got postponed because of the hurricane and no one had power.   

It's always a little hectic trying to get out of the house on time with trying to get them ready and ourselves.  I swear that some people at work must think I'm homeless and/or don't have a mirror in my home because of the way I arrive at work - my hair is usually still very wet and tied up in a bun held together with a regular rubber band that I probably got at work.  I digress... Well this is something that worked that day to keep Miss O occupied while I got dressed and ready for the party.

When we arrived the babies were a little clingy.  Tony's dad held Amelia for what seemed like the first hour.  I kept telling him that he could put her down because Olivia and little T had been running around for a while.  He eventually put her down and she got to run around and play with a whole set of new toys!
Olivia checking things out to her left...
Tony checking out something to his left too...  what's over there?

Thomas (the blondie in the middle of the three cousins) was opening his gifts and little T kept wanting to get in on the action.  We - no - I kept trying to get him out of the way because pictures were being taken (other than me) and didn't want my kid to be the one that ruined the shot, but I was trying to keep the girls quiet and occupied.  I especially love the look on Andrew's face in the top shot.

Amelia coming to get me!

Olivia sippin' some water

Little Tony relaxing on the HUGE elephant pillow pet.

The makings of a baby pile-up!

Olivia loving on the doggie chair.





The best comment of the night came from a friend of Tony's brother...She said "I see you're ok with your girls showing a little leg!"  This was in reference to how short this 18 month old dress was on her and her lack of any tights to cover her up. 

We've noticed that when we're out and about or there's alot of things to do and see, they will NOT nap.  We didn't really plan on them napping there - meaning we didn't bring a pack n play or anything for them to nap in, but we knew it was time to get going when they all started falling after taking only a few steps.  Amelia had a pretty hard faceplant on the floor from which she didn't get back up for several seconds.  Poor baby.  They were all passed out within minutes of leaving.
Amelia out like a light...
Olivia - still hanging out, but really tired...

Little Tony - on his way out.

Everyone had a good time and everyone got along (adults included)!

No comments:

Post a Comment