Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I miss being pregnant

Just a quick post tonight because I really need to catch up on my sleep.  I've been thinking alot about where I was a year ago.  I think that I miss being pregnant because I didn't have to work and got to relax with my feet up and the remote in my hand in the air conditioned basement because I was put out of work around 22 weeks and still felt good.  I'm also remembering that my pregnancy was relatively easy, but I tend to forget all the worry I had and all the praying that I did - especially around this time of the pregnancy - if I'm remembering correctly, I had just spent a few days in the hospital on magnesium sulfate  - not something I'd want to do again, having a catheter in, getting several shots - some to help with lung development and another because of my RH negativity, and having the NICU docs come and talk to me about the statistics on survival rates of babies being born this early.  Besides all of that, I still liked being pregnant and would do it again.. but I won't. :)
I think I've posted this picture before, but thought it fit in well here.  I was in my 29th week here and living in my husband's t-shirts and champion (stretchy) shorts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment