Thursday, February 2, 2012

Almost 6 months old!

Tonight's installment is just a quick update on how everyone is doing.  I'll start with me :)  I'm doing ok.  The new job is going well.  There's always going to be people that you like and some you don't end I'm already figuring out who's who!  I've learned that it's frowned upon to have a "competitors" water bottle on your desk.  I was given one from this company and then given some opaque tape to put over the "competitors" name.  I probably shouldn't have said this out loud, but I actually said this when given this piece of tape - "Well, you will all know my last day here, because I'll be wearing all of my Oti shirts, sweatshirts, fleeces, coats, jackets, carrying my Oti umbrella, laptop bag, lunchbag, etc."  I need to learn to keep my mouth shut!  I'm still having sciatic nerve pain, but hopefully the medication will help and I can get in to see the PT to start some therapy.

Tony - is doing great - as far as I can tell.  He's asleep right now and usually is by this time at night.  He's alot more adventurous than I would likely be, but I guess if I were stuck at home most of the time, I'd do anything to get out, even if it's just a trip downtown to pick up a prescription.  It's been unseasonably warm this winter, so Tony has been going on a few walks.  One was to CVS, one to the barber shop and to pay the property taxes!  He's doing a fabulous job - one I don't know I could do as well.

And now onto the babies...

All babies are basically sleeping through the night.  We still have occasional 'wake-ups' earlier than we'd like, but for the most part, they go to sleep around 8pm and wake up around 6-7am.  We do baths every other day now rather than every 3rd or 4th day.  Tony has been introducing new foods every few days.  So far, they've had applesauce, pears, bananas, rice, oatmeal and barley.  They all eat pretty well, but it's a messy time.  The first few times, I was getting grossed out.  I never thought of myself as a clean freak, but seeing oatmeal all over their faces and stuck to their bibs, was just gross.  I'm a bit better and don't get as frustrated about it as I did when we first started the oatmeal.  They all like the bouncers - exersaucer type jumpers.  They don't really jump around in them, but they all don't mind being in them at least for a short time.  Only on occasion, do I see any of them in the swings.  I think they all like to spread out, roll around until they find a comfortable spot and being in the rocker/swing, that isn't a possibility.  Lately they all go to bed very easily.  I don't have to re-wind the mobiles 5 times like I used to.  Maybe only two times for my little man. :)  I don't have any new pictures.  I get home around 6:30pm and they eat and go to bed so unless I make a point to take a picture, it doesn't happen.  Speaking of pictures, we're having their 6 month pictures taken this weekend.  I can't wait.  I missed their first one back in December - hopefully they'll all cooperate and we'll get some great shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment