Thursday, August 13, 2015

Here's what happened in June!

June started with PreK orientation.  Our town offers half day PreK and I think we're all excited for it.  The kids to get out and meet new friends and learn more and for Tony because he needs a break.  The kids came and we all sat in the gym/lunch room for a few minutes and then the teachers took the kids down to their classrooms.  I think the teachers were sizing them up and deciding which kids were going to be their rooms.  We requested that all of ours stay in the same class and they are going to honor our request.  While the kids 'played' in their classrooms, we stayed and listened to the principal talk about how to get prepared for school.  It was about an hour and after the talk, we retrieved the kids and found they had been playing with play-doh, drawing and more.   I wasn't sure how they'd all do - leaving us and going with the teachers, but they were all fine.  I was happy about that and proud that they're all independent enough to separate.

We've also been doing alot of playing outside, in the pool, on the waterslide, on the tricycles/scooters. 






We've gotten ice cream and even went to see our first movie in the theater!  We went to see Inside Out.  What a cute movie.  I'm not sure they understood everything, but they did relatively well sitting in their seats.  I think their favorite part was the popcorn!  Olivia got lost for a few seconds at the end of the movie.  She got swept away by the crowd of people leaving that theater and we found her in a circle of other parents asking who she belonged to.   She wasn't scared at all - but she wasn't lost for very long.  They had a great time taking pictures amongst the movie posters/signs/displays.







Amelia's cast came off during of the month.  She was a little nervous to walk on it for the first day or two after the cast came off, but she was off and running within several days .  She had some restrictions - like no running for the first week and no going into bounce houses for a few weeks which we abided by.  It was amazing to see how fast it healed and what a trooper she was throughout the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Bailee and I am 17 years old.
    My older brothers are identical triplets, (Brandley, David, and Johnathan). Well, technically, there was two eggs, and one split to make three. So There is really a set of identical twins and then their fraternal twin. But almost all people, including our parents, can't tell them apart. I'm the only one that doesn't get them confused.
    My mom had in-vitro to get pregnant, and go pregnant with the triplets. And then 5 months later got pregnant with me and my fraternal twin brother, Jaymes, without any assistants. We are now 17 and the triplets 18. The triplets were born on July 1st, 1997, and Jaymes and I were born on September 8th, 1998. .So we’re all VERY close in age and VERY emotionally. We do everything together and our lives are wrapped and entwined in each other.
    My dad was in the military for all my life up until' 2.5 years ago. And my stepmom was a district attorney in Houston Texas and worked 14 hour days at some points, so my sibling and I were together constantly. When my dad would get deployed or stationed, we didn't go with him. My parents wanted us to have a stable life and grow up in the same town (Cypress Texas), instead of moving every 18-24 months. Because of this, my siblings and I spent all of our time together and were always there for each other. And even now when, with my dad at retired for the Marines, and my stepmom a stay-at-home mom, we still are extremely close. I look up to my older brothers not just as brothers, but also kinda as a father figure because of when my dad was gone. And even though the triplets are only 14 months older than me, I respect them and want to please them.
    My dad and mom were never married and they split up right after my mom got pregnant with Jaymes and I. My dad, then got married to my stepmom(HeatherLynn), his grade-school sweetheart, when I was 2 months old and the triplets were 16 months old. But I call Heather, Momma, because for a long time my actual mom wasn't really involved in my life. She lived on the other side of the state and we rarely saw her, But Heather was there every day even when she didn’t have to be.
    They're such an important part of my life. We practically raised each other. I have 8 brothers, plus one foster brother, who we adopted when I was 11, Tanner, Bradley, David, Johnathan, Jaymes, Jude, Gage, Brandon,. I also have 4 sisters, Gabriella, Isabella, Elizabeth, Annabella. In total there was up to 15 kids in my house at one time. We are all biological, half, adopted, foster or step-siblings, And we are all very close in age. Right now, We are all between the ages of 15-20 years old.
    On December 27 2012, my eldest brothers, Tanner and adopted brother Michelle, then 17 and18 years old, died in a drunk driving accident. My twin and I, then 14, were in the car with them along with our older brother Bradley. But we got out with non-life threatening injuries. Tanner and Michy were both pronounces dead at the scene. The drunk driver is in jail for life, plus 20 years, for 4 counts of intoxication manslaughter, 2 counts of manslaughter of a minor, 4 counts DUI resulting in wrongful death, driving with expired license, speeding over posted limit resulting in traveling 20+ miles over speed limit, and 3 counts of endangerment of minors under 17 resulting in a wrongful death. There was another vehicle involved with two adults inside, both died at the scene.
    After this, my family was ripped apart. My brother Brandley, then 15, blamed himself for not saving Tanner and Michy. My brother still, almost 3 years later, still blames himself for not being able to save them. Bradley is even more protective then he was before the accident. If he can’t get ahold of one of us, he has panic attacks and as a result he has had to be hospitalized several times for labored breathing and dehydration.

    And That’s my triplet story.

    ReplyDelete