Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Random Happenings

The month of May came and went quickly.  We've been getting outside more since the weather has been getting better and better.  Here's a few pictures...
First - as always my sleeping baby pictures.  I can't help it, they're just so darn cute (and quiet).


  

 We got an awning installed on the back of the house.  I actually won the awning from Ace Home Improvements.  I filled out an entry form - they were celebrating their 60 years in business and they were doing several giveaways including siding, windows, roofing and the awning.  We had gotten our roof redone a few years ago and had just had the windows and siding done last year so the only thing we didn't have was an awning and with two of our huge trees gone (compliments of the hurricane named Sandy), weid been lacking some shade.  So this came as a great addition to the house.  We got to pick the fabric/pattern and location of course.  It's a motorized one and we even got a cool little remote for it.  Now I just need to win a deck!
 


A few other random things.... Olivia driving and of course making sure she adjusted her mirrors before starting.  Amelia rocking out with her 'woofer' guitar and Tony coming mommy's hair.









 And finally, earlier this month, it was time to do the annual cat shaving.  She's got such long hair and it gets everywhere so usually this time of year I shave all (well most) of her hair off.  I had never done her tail before and the kids kept saying "kitty has a lion's tail".   I have to admit that I've only done it a few times before and I never thought she'd tolerate it, but she actually seems to enjoy it.  I forgot to take a picture of all the hair/fur I cut off of her but I'll compare it to sheering a sheep.  It was a crazy amount of hair, but it's outside and not inside embedded in my carpet.



No comments:

Post a Comment