Thursday, June 12, 2014

Down the Shore

I came across some pictures of when my parents were in town back in April - I had put the camera in car in one of the seat pockets!  It was a cool day and we didn't have any plans to hang out at the beach, but we let them experience the beach and ocean at least a little bit. 
The phrase "Down the shore" is a Jersey thing.  It was difficult to get used to it since it seems to me like it's missing a preposition, but I've just grown to accept it.  There are a bunch of other phrases that are odd to me like if you're standing at the bank... you're standing on line.  I'd think I was standing in line, but here in New Jersey, you're on line (even if there are no computers around).  I digress...

We busted out our new strollers - the Triple Decker is getting difficult to maneuver so a short time ago we traded in a few of our other older baby items and got these.  They worked out pretty well and not too many fights about who's sitting where.



We then took our shoes off and headed onto the sand and the water...





and of course a cute video of them running around (and me laughing) at them running around!

After running around on the beach, we got something to eat on the boardwalk.  Their first boardwalk fries and pizza.  Afterwards, we walked along the boardwalk, had some ice cream and played on the clowns! 


No comments:

Post a Comment