Monday, February 25, 2013

Thanks Chuck E Cheese! (not)

Last weekend, we attended a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.  I had been there in the past for other parties, but not with children of my own - at least not ones running around.  I was pregnant the last time I went - I remember showing my ultra-sound pictures to my family.  Anyways, I didn't recall there being many things/games for little ones (18 months old), but was assured by my mother in law that there were and that it was for only two hours.  Well, my memory served me right - there wasn't really much the kids could do or if they were able to, they didn't want to do.  They had little rides and such, but all except Olivia was scared of them.  We did a few other games, but we had to hold them up in order to play.  They mostly roamed around and watched other people. 

Here's a few pictures of them while driving to the party... they look thrilled right?


The two hours went by pretty quickly and we ended up going over to BJ's with Tony's parents - I thought that by this point, they would have passed out, but nope, still going strong.  After what seemed like hours in BJ's, we were finally on our way home.  I think they were feeling really tired and giddy but still not falling asleep - nope - they were all trying to eat their shoes - and feet once we removed their sneakers. Hilarious!





They never did take a nap that day and it all seemed to work.  That brings me to today.  Everyone in the house is sick.  Earlier in the week, little Tony kept falling and hitting his forehead - he had a really big lump on his head and afterwards starting throwing up.  He ended up going to the ER that night because he threw up a few times and didn't have a temperature or seem sick.  They released him after a few hours and a CT scan that came back negative.  They thought that he possibly had a concussion or possibly came in contact with a virus - oh great! 
He threw up again on the way to the pediatrician's office - and she thought it was a concussion because at that point, he still didn't seem sick, but Olivia was starting to get a cough.  Well that cough developed into a 102 degree fever and more baby vomit.  I had forgotten how bad they all were when it comes to take medicine.  They HATE it and refuse to swallow the medicine - which in the end makes them gag and throw up.  The sick bug  has developed over the weekend and now everyone is sick including me and Tony.  That basically means sleepless nights for a while until everyone is better. 

I don't have sick pictures from today - which was the most miserable day we've all had.  Little Tony is crying as I write this trying to get comfortable and coughing every so often.  I also keep hearing the other two coughing from upstairs.  It's so sad to feel this helpless.  I wish I could take all their pain away right now.

Other pictures from this weekend include everyone wearing this set up bunny slipper/booties.  I found them going through some things getting ready for my MoM sale next weekend.  They're really cute, but a little small for them now, but I had to have them try them on and once one tried, they all wanted to put them on.




I took this video the other evening while they were eating.  We've been doing a little bit of signing with the babies - and well, one sign in particular has stuck!



No comments:

Post a Comment