Sunday, July 22, 2012

These shoes were made...

We went out today to pick up some clothes for T's friend's baby who's first birthday party is tomorrow.  We decided to go to the outlet mall - in Jackson NJ because they have a Carter's, Osh Kosh and many other stores to choose baby/kids clothes.  We started out the day a bit late - well the babies let us sleep in early - until 8am, but the night was not without it's interruptions.  Little T woke up around 1:30am and drank 5 oz. and then woke up again a few hours later.  He shared our bed for sometime and then retired again to his crib.  I know T's mom goes there all the time - and would likely have a coupon so we stopped at her house to pick one up before we started our trek.  There was one comment she made to Tony on phone when he asked her if she had any coupons - she said "Jennifer shops at Carter's?" (not sure why she would say this, but I was told to 'let it go'.  Ok, whatever.  gone.  We left the house around 10am, went to Gus's Diner for breakfast and ran into a fellow Siemens employee at the next table over.  We got all of the the usual questions, stares and comments and each of the babies got to eat a second breakfast of hash brown potatoes, strawberries, bananas and french toast.  They all loved the food, but they were eating right through their nap!  We got to the outlets after breakfast and went into Osh Kosh and then to Carter's.  I asked a salesperson if they had any multiples program because I thought they did - I was rudely told no by Marisa and that if they did, it would be discrimination.  She then proceeded to recite her lines about the sale they were having and moved along.  While finalizing our purchase, she asked me if I received their coupons in the mail and I said I did not, but I had a 20% off from my MIL.  She then said, well I'll let you use it - this time. She then took down my information and indicated that I'd start receiving them.  I asked her what she meant by 'letting me use the coupon' and she told me that normally coupons can only be used by their 'preferred customers' and since I just got signed up... blah blah blah.  I had all I could do, to not say to her, well I don't think that I want to be a customer if this is the way you treat them!
We ended up going to Skechers to see if I could find anything - and we ended up buying the babies their first shoes.  They have hand-me-downs, but they've actually never worn shoes.  Is that strange?  They're almost a year old and never worn them.  They've rarely even had socks on.  Here are the shoes we got - so cute!


 We've been told that it's better for babies to stay barefoot when learning to walk, but figured they'll have to get used to something on their feet at some point.  Speaking of walking, Miss Olivia took her first few steps the other day, but I still have not captured it in video.  She usually takes only 3-4 small steps unassisted.  We did put together a hand-me-down walker and took this video today.





On a side note, we had our first act of baby violence the other day.  Aunt Beth and I were feeding the trio their dinner and noticed something on Amelia's arm.  It was teeth marks!!!  There were clearly teeth impressions - top and bottom on her forearm.  At first we thought maybe she did it herself but then quickly noticed that there were 4 marks on the top and 4 on the bottom and we only have one baby that matches those dental profile.  Olivia.  I didn't think to take a picture of Amelia's arm until the next morning, but by then, it was nearly gone.  I guess I'm not that dedicated of a blogger yet.  Tony said that the bite mark should be something I take a picture of - like I shouldn't want to remember this, but everything is a memory to have and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment