Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy 11 months!

I know I haven't really done anything for the other months, but I thought yesterday that maybe I could put them in some cute outfit and at least take a picture.  I'm starting to realize that I may never get a good picture of the three of them where they're all looking, smiling, etc..  Olivia was the best at sitting and staying put today,  Tony was good at staying put, but was not the happiest.   (We later discovered that he has a 100 degree temperature and was basically miserable throughout the rest of the day/evening until he went to bed.)
Amelia was the happiest, but kept trying to crawl off the couch.  We kept putting her back but then it became a game to her - crawling forward for us to push her back.  She was really giving us some good smiles/laughs.  Too bad the others weren't smiling.  Here's how the photo shoot went.
This was probably the best one - but the shot was only gotten because Tony was playing a song on his phone to distract them.

Amelia on the move...

Amelia about to go again after being put back...

Nice smiles, but no one's looking at the camera!

Amelia about to take off!

Tony falling over - Amelia ready to go again and Olivia just wondering what's going on.

The end of the session.  I love Amelia's look - what's wrong Tony?
 The rest of the afternoon/evening was terrible.  I thought that by taking them for a dip in the kiddie pool, it would calm them down or at least burn off some energy, or cool little Tony down despite the 100 degree weather we've been having, but it did none of those things.  After we came back inside, it was just all crying screaming and yelling  - and that was just all from Tony and I.  Well no, but we did do some yelling because we had to try and talk over the crying and screaming of the babies!  Amelia has such a high pitched scream - I swear she could break glass!  I won't go into any details, but I'm just glad their in bed and sleeping (who knows for how long, but for now they are!)  I will share the laugh I did have for the evening amongst all the chaos.  After they finished eating, I brought each baby upstairs and put them in their cribs.  I had to give Olivia and Amelia baths because Olivia had given herself an oatmeal facial and hair treatment and Amelia choked on a multi-grain Cheerio and threw up a little.  I removed Amelia's onesie when I put her into her crib and then went to give Olivia her bath.  When I returned, Amelia was standing in her crib totally nude!  She had pulled her diaper completely off and all I could do at that point was laugh - and right after look around for any poop in her crib!  All clear (thankfully), but after I finished with her, I heard the sound of ripping velcro again, but this time from little Tony's crib!  He got his off too, but his wasn't off for very long, thankfully!
On a side note, we were able to figure out how much little Tony weighs.  We had called the pediatrician's office and spoke with Dr. Booker - the ped on call.  He suggested that we give him a higher dose of the medication to help reduce the fever, but only if he's more than 18 lbs.  Now I know that trying to weigh a baby shouldn't be that difficult - but our digital scale's batteries were shot and I don't normally keep extras of these small round flat batteries around.  We thought about using the food scale, but it only goes up to 15 lbs so we eventually used the Wii balance board.  He was too light to register on his own, but we basically had to weigh one of ourselves and then again holding him.  By the way, he weighs exactly 20lbs.  On another side note, Amelia weighs 17.1 lbs as of last week.  I guess we'll have to weigh Olivia - just so we have all of their weights around this time.
One last picture - of Olivia with her sippy cup.  She's a pro with it at this point.  Basically, she's only drinking from the sippy cup (apple juice highly watered down) because she doesn't want her bottle!
Well, I'm off to bed before someone wakes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment