Wednesday, April 4, 2012

First time for everything!

We've had a rough past few days with one sick baby.  Little Tony started with a fever last Monday evening and throughout the past week gave us a few sleepless nights.  I've dealt with more baby vomit than I can stand.  I thought I was going to get through one day without any and then Amelia goes as tosses her cookies!  I guess she doesn't like mangos. If that wasn't bad enough, I get her and Olivia to bed and I start to hear a wretching sound and I look over at Amelia, who is already asleep and so was Olivia.  Where was it coming from?  I had to look around for a second and then figured it out.  It was the CAT.  She tossed up a hairball right in the door way of the babies room.  It's always something.
Little Tony is slowly getting better he mainly has a cough now, but it breaks my heart to hear him struggle to breath.  The other details of last week are a little hazy, but I remember that at least two nights in a row we were up trying to calm a baby or multiple babies every few hours.  People ask me all the time if one baby cries, do the others cry too? and my typical answer is no.  Well, not that night.  They all set each other off that night and it was crazy.  I went into work really tired.  I'm surprised I gave out any correct information that day.  Tony did see the pediatrician due to his fever and they didn't really think there was anything to worry about but I'm glad he went because everyone was merely blaming all of his symptoms on teething.  We did learn that he currently weighs 17lbs, 10 oz!  It's amazing to think that he was a mere 5 lbs, 5 oz just 7 1/2 months ago.
At this point, everyone is sick.  Little Tony still has a cough, but hasn't thrown up recently.  Olivia is congested and has a cough.  She also has a fever on and off and doesn't eat with her normal usual vigor.  I guess it would be a bit difficult to drink from a bottle when you can't breath through your nose.  Amelia has also had a fever on and off and hasn't been eating well.  She ends up waking up every few hours.  I've been feeling crappy and Tony has a bad cough.  I'm hoping this passes quickly.
Other than everyone being sick, there really nothing new to report.  Olivia currently has her two front bottom teeth and more on the way.  She's not yet crawling - unless you count backwards.  She can get up on her hands and knees, but not quite move forward.  It's fun to watch her try, but she gets frustrated.  She typically a very happy baby, but since she hasn't been feeling well, her cry is so sad to hear.
Amelia is also doing well, but she doesn't always want to eat.  While little Tony was at the pediatrician, he mentioned that feeding Amelia is sometimes a struggle.  They suggested using Nutramigen - basically the enfamil version of Alimentum.  We tried on a few different occasions to feed her that, and let's just say she turned her nose up at it.  So we're back to her regular stuff.  Amelia is also the baby of many nicknames.  For some time now I've been calling her 'Bean'.  She's so long and skinny, she's like a string bean.  Tony has adopted the name 'Chaos' for her.  She will go after anything and everything, even knocking things off the table.  She typically sits with her arms outstretched and nothing is safe in her wake! 
Over the weekend I put the girls in some dresses that I know won't fit them for very long.  Little Tony wasn't in the mood to smile, but the girls enjoyed their photo shoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment