Sunday, April 15, 2012

Amazing babies

I'm amazed every time I watch each of my babies.  Olivia is basically crawling.  She hasn't quite mastered it, but she can get to where she needs to go if she sees something she wants.  For the past few days, she's even been holding her own bottle.  She can hold it steady, but needs some help toward the end to tip it.  She is very strong and has been seen getting up on her knees and holding onto the side of her crib.  She can go from lying down to sitting up on her own.  I even watched her reach down between the slats of her crib and pull through a sample of diapers from Sam's club that was stacked between the girls cribs.  Within the next day or so, we're going to have to lower her crib.  I'd worry too much about her falling over the side if we didn't.  She has also lost the privilege of her musical mobile above her crib.  The musical part is still there, but while she was on her knees today, she was able to reach the animals that hang down and she proceeded to pull on them.  I know it's not that heavy so if it were to fall on her it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it's made of plastic and all I can imagine is that the plastic splinters and hurts her.  She already has her two bottom teeth and her top two are cutting in already!  I still have a difficult time believing she was our smallest baby weighing in at 4 lbs 5 oz.  Olivia is also amazing us with her hair color.  It was a lighter brown color at birth and has continued to grow, but now it's almost looking blonde.  We'll just have to see what happens with that.
One last thing that happened with Olivia today on an outing.  I guess her car seat wasn't locked into the stroller and well, she and the car seat took a tumble.  We were inside the store where we were purchasing the rails for little Tony's crib (to be able to convert it later on to a big boy bed).  Tony was yo-yo'ing the stroller using the 'runaway' strap and I guess one his last recoils was a bit too aggressive and the car seat with Miss O went flying forward and ended up upside down.  She didn't even make a peep and didn't even seem bothered or aware of what had just happened.  I guess all of Tony's 'roughness' with the babies has paid off.  I, of course was mortified in front of the guy that works there and then Tony tells me that it has happened before!  to Amelia. (insert eye roll here)
Amelia is the last to recover from being sick.  Now that I think of it, I haven't heard her cough lately and that's really great, but ever since she's been better, she wants to eat.  We don't have to force her to drink her bottle or force her to eat her oatmeal/baby food.  She still doesn't eat as fast as the other two, but it's so nice to not have to fight with her to eat.  She's still the smallest, but seems to be doing well.  She's not really crawling, but she can also seem to move to get where she wants to go.  She's a happy little baby and typically always has a smile, but on occasion she can be very needy and just wants her daddy to hold her.  She's getting her two bottom teeth in - they're just cutting in, and the only reason we knew is because Tony got his finger bit today.  She's so cute when she's napping or getting to sleep.  She's one that still sucks her thumb to soothe herself to sleep.  Amelia currently still has brown hair, but has the shortest hair and often gets mistaken for a boy and her eyes look like they're turning brown as well.  I think that's all for now about Amelia.  I'm sure I'll remember more tomorrow after I've had more sleep.
Little T is also a happy little guy.  He doesn't have any teeth just yet, but he's a good eater.   He is also feeling better - the last time he got sick was on Easter.  Little T isn't really crawling either, but he gets himself on his hands and knees and rocks himself front to back.  He can also get around somehow and enjoys playing with all of the different toys.  He's still got the best/longest hair.  He's such a joy to watch in his bouncer and today, as I was holding him, he was trying to look outside between the living room curtains.  He was trying so hard to just catch a glimpse of what was going on outside, it was so cute.
I'm getting really tired and can't think of half of the things that I should be writing in this but I can always edit it later when I do.  I have pictures to add, but I have to load them first.  Again, that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment